Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Kurds of Iran

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

Kurds of Iran

PostAuthor: iraqidon77 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:59 am

I've always heard this common saying that the Kurds of Iran are "More Iranian than the Iranians themselves". I've heard this from both Persians and Kurds. I am just wondering how the kurdish nationalist movement is there. Do they have recognized political parties like the PUK and KDP. if so, what have they been doing in recent years ? Are they allowed to have kurdish media or schooling ? or is it banned ?are they picked on because of being Sunnis? thank u.
iraqidon77
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Kurds of Iran

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kurds in Iran

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu May 12, 2005 12:39 pm

Why Kurds are more Iranian

1) Iranian means ARIAN - The Kurds are Arians, however that is not the case with other nations in Iran.

2) The Kurds are more Iranian because Iran hase become an Islamic state and ancient Iran was not an islamic state...

3) Persians dominate Iran with their language - and old Persian was much more similare to Kurdish than todays Persian.

4) The Kurds are more Iranian because they have kept their ancient religions - such as - Ezidi, Yarsanism, Zaroanism etc.

5) The Kurds are more Iranian because their culture and way of life resembles the old way of living... In eg. their culture...

Kurds are allowed to speak Kurdish in Iran. They are allowed to practise their religion and culture... However they are not allowed political organization. But there are un-official Kurdish parties - such as: Iranian Kurdistan Democratic Party and KOMALA.

Kurds do NOT want to live in IRAN - they do NOT want to live in IRAQ, TURKEY OR SYRIA - They want to live in KURDISTAN! AND INSHALLAH THEY WILL ONE DAY!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: hajeer » Thu May 12, 2005 2:15 pm

The term Iran has a broad meaning. If you refer to ancient Iran, then that includes most of today's Iraq and Afghanistan, Azarbayjan and Tajikestan. If you refer to a racial group 'Aryan' that also includes many many different groups including the kurds. If one states that the kurds are iranian, one has to calrify what one means by 'Iranian'. If that means kurds are aryan, then yes but then germans are aryan too.

Kurds have very distinct customs, clothing, music and dance from the rest of Iran. Linguistically kurdish and persian have common roots but that's not so weird about two ancient languages whose people have lived so close for thousands of years.

Kurds are more iranian? This is just a slogan that the politicians use to fool the kurds. Kurds have fought for decades just to be considered equal to other iranians. We don't want to be considered more iranian, just consider the kurds capable of ruling their own towns and cities. This mistrust is not only from the islamic regime but the previous regimes were worse and future doesnt look that bright in Iran for the kurds.

hajeer
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu May 12, 2005 3:12 pm

HEY! I am aware of the way my comment can be MIINTERPRETED!

HOWEVER - I am not gonna defend what I said... why? obviously there are millions of ways to put things and views unheard of... So I will just like to say - HEY GUYS! I AM A KURD TOO! I AM NOT LESS KURD... SO RELAX!

I noticed a few mistakes in my post just moments after I wrote the damn thing... Ofcourse there are many other Arian nations... and PERSIAN are Arian... however - It is quite right what you say - When saying Iranian people are reffering to the PERSIANS...

But one thing is right -KURDS ARE MORE BOUND TO THEIR CULTURE- A rich and ancient culture... And this is what the persians WOULD LIKE to identify as their religion and culture... BUT - problem is... they never were Kurds.. and so..

About Iranian Kurdistan - YES it is much larger than the PROVINCE called KORDESTAN (sorry you miss spelled the word)... In fact IRANIAN Kurdistan consists of these provinces:

West- Azerbaijan, Kordestan, Kermanshaha, Ilam, Hamadan and Lorestan. It is highly disputed wheather or not Lorestan and Hamadan are part of Iranian Kurdistan - Because of the fact that many Kurds have been deported from these areas... Making them less dominated by Kurds... BUT WE MUST KEEP TO HISTORIC CLAIMS! AND THEN ALL NAMD PROVINCES ARE KURDISH IN FACT!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Thu May 12, 2005 7:11 pm

London007 wrote:Diri I disagree.
Iranian call Kurdistan (Koerdistan) and call Kurds (Koerds).

They have divided Kurdistan into 10 pieces and a small peice is called Kurdistan (Only Sna & Mariwan etc).
Kirmashan the biggest and oldest Kurdish city isn't in Kurdistan.

Kurds don't get education in Kurdish. It is all Persians.

Iranians outside Iran say "Iran is Persia" which means that all Iranians are Persians.

Those Kurds who are proud Iranians are not identifying themselves as Kurds and therefore may be getting privledged rights in Iran.
Last edited by heval on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon May 16, 2005 10:03 pm

I'm sorry...

I think it is important to have knowledge, but I wonder WHERE you have yours from... I mean - Are you Heval and London Kurds from Iran? Do you have family there whom you speak with regularily? Or are you just quoting what you have read and what you have heard?

There is a very big difference between the Kurds and the other people of "Iran"... Kurds are as mentioned Sunni in faith and obviously KURDS. lol!

So they are destinctly different from the other peoples... However - Kurdistan has not been made into 10 peices - it is more like 7 pieces... and if we are to count the Kurds of Khoresan it would be 8 pieces - But Khoresan is not technicaly a part of Kurdistan...

As for the social part - Kurds do not enjoy the same education as their kinsmen... Even if they do get a higher level diploma they rarly get a job in their field!

True - Kurds ARE second hand citizens in Iran, Iraq, Syria AND Turkey... But the real question is - WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT IT?

I am sure we all feel like we wanna do SOMETHING about it... but clearly we are powerless individuals...

It IS a clichè! BUT we must stand TOGETHER... and so far... We REALLY haven't done that... Our politicians are fighting over the bread crums and haven't yet spotted the delicious dinner waiting for them at the next table... Namely the table of FREEDOM!

GOD BLESS KURDISTAN
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Mon May 16, 2005 10:23 pm

Diri wrote:I'm sorry...

I think it is important to have knowledge, but I wonder WHERE you have yours from... I mean - Are you Heval and London Kurds from Iran? Do you have family there whom you speak with regularily? Or are you just quoting what you have read and what you have heard?

Diri - Yes, I am a Kurd from Hewraman in Southern and Eastern Kurdistan. I have family on both sides of the border in Iran and Iraq and I am in contact with them regularly.
Last edited by heval on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon May 16, 2005 11:05 pm

:D

Well - thanks for clearing that up - Ummmm... where to begin... WELL- I sure do agree that we need to organize and all that... but that is what I mean... Is that ALL we will do? I mean in organizing... what do we do? sitt around and talk... when I talk of organizing I talk of doing concrete projects to enhance Kurds position in the Middle East... you know.. like getting an education and going there to help them... As a doctor, nurse, teacher, lawyer, contractor, buisnessman etc.

Are you in any Org. yourself HEVAL? And I wonder... do you have family in ÊLAM province? or maybe in ÊLAM city? :D
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Tue May 17, 2005 2:46 am

Diri wrote::D

Well - thanks for clearing that up - Ummmm... where to begin... WELL- I sure do agree that we need to organize and all that... but that is what I mean... Is that ALL we will do? I mean in organizing... what do we do? sitt around and talk... when I talk of organizing I talk of doing concrete projects to enhance Kurds position in the Middle East... you know.. like getting an education and going there to help them... As a doctor, nurse, teacher, lawyer, contractor, buisnessman etc.

Are you in any Org. yourself HEVAL? And I wonder... do you have family in ÊLAM province? or maybe in ÊLAM city? :D

No, not in the Ilam province. Is that where you're from? or where are you from?

Well, I hope organizations don't just sit around talk and not do anything. I hope they are involved in projects to enhance the Kurdish position and promote the Kurdish cause. There are many organizations already existing that have open membership if you didn't want to start one from scratch. Some may promote Human rights for Kurds like the KHRP, others may have the objective to raise public awareness of the kurdish cause and support humanitarian efforts like the WKI or the FIKP, or advocate and support campaigns against problems in middle east like KNC, or charity organizations like KSC.

It all really depends on the organization's mission, but there are plenty of things to do. The way I look at it... even if you plan to initiate an organization to bring your Kurdish community together and create cultural and political awareness, it can benefit Kurdistan a lot because you never know... you may spark the mind of a person who will make the greatest difference.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Vladimir » Tue May 17, 2005 1:24 pm

Does anyone know if the Jangali revolt is Kurdish?
The suppression of ethnic cultures and minority religious groups in attempting to forge a modern nation were not unique to Turkey but occurred in very similar ways in its European neighbours - Bruinessen.

Vladimir
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Hispanic

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue May 17, 2005 10:15 pm

It all really depends on the organization's mission, but there are plenty of things to do. The way I look at it... even if you plan to initiate an organization to bring your Kurdish community together and create cultural and political awareness, it can benefit Kurdistan a lot because you never know... you may spark the mind of a person who will make the greatest difference.

Well - My point was that I am not interested in any of them - well at least those which I have been in contact with... and you must remember that most projects are local (local but aim at being international) - and are lead from one part of a country - so it would be hard to fit in in such org. communeties! Unless you live somewhere near such an org. HQ!

BUT ANYWAY - Thanks for the info... uummm - Yeah well no I'm not from Êlam... Although in my oppinion this is the richest of all parts of Kurdistan... Especially in historical context... Ancient history that is...

I was born in Ormi my friend... But am considered to be a native of Sêro and the border between Iran and Turkey... Esendere... and naturally land on both sides... A long story... wouldn't mind sharing it with you... if you were interested... You are from the Hewreman region HEVAL -right?
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: hajeer » Wed May 18, 2005 3:55 am

Vladmir,

Jangali revolt was in northern iran in gilan province. There were kurds who joined his cause. the king's army took control and he, a former mullah, was killed and his revolt was depressed.

hajeer
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: heval » Wed May 18, 2005 6:19 am

Diri wrote:
BUT ANYWAY - Thanks for the info... uummm - Yeah well no I'm not from Êlam... Although in my oppinion this is the richest of all parts of Kurdistan... Especially in historical context... Ancient history that is...

I was born in Ormi my friend... But am considered to be a native of Sêro and the border between Iran and Turkey... Esendere... and naturally land on both sides... A long story... wouldn't mind sharing it with you... if you were interested... You are from the Hewreman region HEVAL -right?

Yeah, I am from the Hewraman region in Southeastern Kurdistan lying in the Kirmashan and Silemani provinces. Yes, there is a lot of Ancient Kurdish History from both Ilam and Kirmashan. You are right, probably the oldest... and I have heard the name Hewraman comes from our ancient Hurrian ancestors. I would love to hear your story, send me a private message when you get the chance.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: ZaniYar » Wed May 18, 2005 1:21 pm

Yeah, I am from the Hewraman region in Southeastern Kurdistan lying in the Kirmashan and Silemani provinces. Yes, there is a lot of Ancient Kurdish History from both Ilam and Kirmashan. You are right, probably the oldest... and I have heard the name Hewraman comes from our ancient Hurrian ancestors. I would love to hear your story, send me a private message when you get the chance.[/quote]

Hi Heval!

I'm so curuios to Know where exactly from? ... are u from pawa (paveh)?

Regards

ZaniYar
Shermin
Shermin

Next

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis