Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Tributes paid to Jalal Talabani on 3rd anniversary of death

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:54 pm

Third anniversary of Jalal Talabani death

Tributes have been paid to former Iraqi President and Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) leader Jalal Talabani on the third anniversary of his death

Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) President Masoud Barzani sent a statement on Friday to the late leader’s sons, PUK co-leader Bafel Talabani and Kurdistan Region Deputy Prime Minister Qubad Talabani.

“On the occasion of the 3rd anniversary of the death of my brother Mam Jalal, I would like to pay my respects and appreciation to him for his influential role during the revolutionary struggle in the liberation movement of our people and during the presidency of Iraq as the first Kurdish president.”

“I feel his loss now more than ever. I hope you will continue to follow in your father's footsteps to make our people's dreams come true and not hesitate in upholding national unity,” the statement read.

“On the anniversary of the passing of President Mam Jalal, we remember his long struggle for the freedom of people of Kurdistan. We feel his absence more than ever...may he rest in peace and we will always cherish his memory," tweeted Kurdistan Region President Nechirvan Barzani.

Talabani, also known as Mam Jalal, joined the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) in 1947 at age 14 and served as a politician, Peshmerga fighter and journalist. He left the KDP in 1975 to establish the PUK.

He was instrumental in drafting the Iraqi constitution following the collapse of the Baath regime in 2003, and served as Iraq’s first non-Arab president.

The PUK previously described him as “a unifying elder statesman who could soothe tempers among Iraq’s Shiites, Sunnis, and Kurds.”

He died in a Berlin hospital aged 83.

Iraqi President Barham Salih also tweeted to commemorate the leader.

“Three years have passed since the death of the great leader, Mam Jalal. I miss his his wisdom and the shadow of that great teacher… Although time passes on the eternal journey of Mam Jalal, Iraq and Kurdistan are in dire need of political wisdom, open-mindedness and the knowledge of that rare leader.”

“We extend our condolences to all the people of the Iraqi Kurdistan Region and Iraq on the third anniversary of the passing of Mam Jalal Talabani. Talabani demonstrated persistence, braveness, wisdom, and inclusivity in leading Iraq through challenging and difficult times,” read a tweet from the US Consulate General Erbil.

https://www.rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/03102020
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor