Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Kurds undermining Assyrian National Interests in Iraq

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

Re: Kurds undermining Assyrian National Interests in Iraq

PostAuthor: admin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:55 pm

ALl that stuff is no sense, for the KRG precisely supports an autonomous region in Niniveh ! :lol: But NOT American, nor Catholic church...

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Barış » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:57 pm

:lol: Welcome to RBK!
Barış
Tuti
Tuti

Nationality: Hispanic

PostAuthor: Londoner » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:03 am

The Assyrians should have the right to choose what they want.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: talsor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Assyrian Nag too much , I would suggest that you visit this site to see what they say about Kurds and Kurdistan . If the subject is about Tomato , Potato or space it always turn at the end towards their hatred towards kurds . They are sad and pethatic .

http://assyrianvoice.net/
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: talsor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Londoner wrote:The Assyrians should have the right to choose what they want.

Every 10 people in Iraq wants their own region , it is laughable .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Kate » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:42 pm

Nineveh has been the Assyrian/Chaldean capital city since ancient times. I think Assyrians should have Nineveh as a autonomous territory in Kurdistan region and have their own regional government and parliament.
Kate
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Kate wrote:Nineveh has been the Assyrian/Chaldean capital city since ancient times. I think Assyrians should have Nineveh as a autonomous territory in Kurdistan region and have their own regional government and parliament.

I second that.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:35 pm

talsor wrote:

Two wrongs doesn't make things right. Let them to say whatever they want. As long as any one doesn't use violence to hurt us, s/he is our firend and an ally.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

The Head of Kurdistan Parliament asks Christians to form a u

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:48 pm

The Head of Kurdistan Parliament asks Christians to form a united front to push for their rights.

http://peyamner.com/details.aspx?l=2&id=52087
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: talsor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:02 am

Londoner wrote:
talsor wrote:

Two wrongs doesn't make things right. Let them to say whatever they want. As long as any one doesn't use violence to hurt us, s/he is our firend and an ally.

very nice friend you have Kak Londoner . check this forum out please I have posted alot here under the same name .

http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: talsor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:07 am

Kate wrote:Nineveh has been the Assyrian/Chaldean capital city since ancient times. I think Assyrians should have Nineveh as a autonomous territory in Kurdistan region and have their own regional government and parliament.

Nineveh WAS the Assyrian capital until 612 when the assyrian Empire was destroyed by Chaldean and Median . Assyrian lack unity and populations , majority of Mosul resident are Arabs , Kurds are second , Turkman , then Assyrian .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:07 am

talsor wrote:

Nineveh WAS the Assyrian capital until 612 when the assyrian Empire was destroyed by Chaldean and Median . Assyrian lack unity and populations , majority of Mosul resident are Arabs , Kurds are second , Turkman , then Assyrian .

All populated areas with Assyrian Majority, should be cantonised and run with their own government and elected parliament. This is to protect and revive their culture and heritage, present and especially ancient.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Rumtaya » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:30 pm

talsor you are talking so much creep, do you have any facts to provide that assyrians are minority in the nineveh plains?

ALl that stuff is no sense, for the KRG precisely supports an autonomous region in Niniveh ! :lol: But NOT American, nor Catholic church...

The Kurdish Constitution doesnt allow such stop, there is no mention of beeing allowed to form an Region within the Kurdistan Regional Goverment, but rather to annext and normalize the Nineveh Plains to the KRG.

Assyrians have the will to work with the Kurdish People (we did so many times in the last 6 decades) and especially during the uprises against Saddams baaath regime. The problem Assyrians face (thats why we are pretty fed up with Kurds...Kurds= not the avarage people but the parties especially the KDP) is that the KDP uses assyrian puppets to represent the Assyrians within the KRG and even try things within the Central Goverment in Baghdad.

One example for that is, that they have Assyrians in their ranks like Sarkis Aghajan, who is potrayed in Ishtar TV (kurdish chanale....or "kurdistani christan" chanel) to be the hero who builds houes,schools and churches for the Assyrians, but noone has ever elected this person to represent our voice.

Second think is, if the Kurdish Parties really want that Assyrians form their administrative area, why would they prevent the Assyrian efford to form an Police Force in Nineveh? It was approved by the Baghdad Goverment, but blocked by the Kurdish Politicans who form the council in Mosul (sunnits have boycotted the elections, thats why kurds are majority there).

You guys have to know, whenever KDP starts to work with ADM the only and really assyrian representive Group then things will be much more easier between our two people, I see a bright future for our people but you guys need to understand that KDP just cant put any puppets to represent the Assyrian Nation.

Do you like to be represented by a proTurkish Kurd who was elected by Turks to represent your people? Which interests would such person represents the turkish goverments or the kurdish one?....

Also Assyrians arent just concentrated within the Nineveh Plains, but also in the Dohuk Governarate where we still have many villages (beeing now rebuild and resettled).

If the Kurds change their contitution so that on the paper it will be written "ASSYRIAN are allowed to form an autonomous area within thei Kurdish Regional Goverment", then there is no way anymore to be on fight witheachother, but rather work witheachother.

The Head of Kurdistan Parliament asks Christians to form a united front to push for their rights.

which Christians? those in germany, USA, brasil, australia?...they are all christians can they settle in northern Iraq and form their area?... would you tell me which Christians you are talking about? there are around 2 billion in the world...

Nineveh has been the Assyrian/Chaldean capital city since ancient times. I think Assyrians should have Nineveh as a autonomous territory in Kurdistan region and have their own regional government and parliament.

Not only Nineveh, so have been many areas in the ninawa,arbil and dohuk governarate been populated by Assyrians for thousand of years, but here I am not saying all 3 governarates should be giving back to Assyrians that would be a very sick and unrealistic idea.

Assyrians just need to be givin kinda authority over their villages and lands (which are mostly in the nineveh plains and dohuk province).

Rumtaya
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Bro - look... "Christians" is used because Chaldeans don't consider themselves "Assyrian"... And there are also OTHER Christians in Iraq and Kurdistan who would like to live in majority Christian areas - so that their lifestyle and needs are better accommodated...

On the other hand, you should be DAMN happy that there is even articles and speeches about "Christians" needing their own administrative regions in the first place...

I'm not saying "don't ask for more" - I'm saying: at least APPRECIATE and be THANKFUL for what you DO get...

Don't make it look as if NOTHING is being done... Besides, as persons living in the diaspora, you and I have no first-hand experience of how it is to live down there. And I am sure many of the natives of those lands have TOTALLY different views and perspectives on this political matter...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Rumtaya » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Diri wrote:Bro - look... "Christians" is used because Chaldeans don't consider themselves "Assyrian"... And there are also OTHER Christians in Iraq and Kurdistan who would like to live in majority Christian areas - so that their lifestyle and needs are better accommodated...

My friend chaldeans just means ---- Assyrians of the Chaldean CATHOLIC church, I would never ever force the assyrian name on a person, but the problem with the member of the chaldean Church is, that approximatly half of them say we are Assyrians, but then you have such stubborn and arabized one who would rather say Iraqi(Arab) Christians then stick to the truth which is they are ASSYRIAN CHRISTIANS.

There is a movie coming out which is done by two Assyrians one of them belongs to the chaldean catholic church and the other to the syriac orthodox Church, but those two gentlemen knows who and what they are, probably thats why they undertook this step to englight the people within the Assyrian Nation who are pretty tied up to their religious idenitifcation.

On the other hand, you should be DAMN happy that there is even articles and speeches about "Christians" needing their own administrative regions in the first place...

I'm not saying "don't ask for more" - I'm saying: at least APPRECIATE and be THANKFUL for what you DO get...

Don't make it look as if NOTHING is being done... Besides, as persons living in the diaspora, you and I have no first-hand experience of how it is to live down there. And I am sure many of the natives of those lands have TOTALLY different views and perspectives on this political matter...

You are right Diri, me and you and also many others are living in the Diaspora with not having the real clue what is going down there, but that doesnt mean I can´t speak in the forums on the behalf of Assyrians, since I have conntect with Assyrians who just left the homeland 2-3years agon (one person was even a Zowaa Fighter, who has been captured by KDP and impriosnerd and even faced tourtre..up to you if you belive me or not).

I am thankful that they are mentiong it, but I cant buy something from words can you? What have Kurds gained when some kurdish tribes participated in the genocide against armenians,greeks and assyrians?...what did later hapen when mustafa attaturk showed up? What did you guys recived?...werent they telling you fight with us we will give you fairshare of land...i.e youll be independent? What did the Kurdish Nation gained?...can you tell me what were the words by those turks worth?...

What did the Assyrians gained when the Brits told them side with us we will ensure you an autonomous region in Iraq? You know what they ensured us, beeing reseetled in malaria infected areas and later beeing left to the mercy of some arabs and kurds in the Iraqi Army.

I want peace and coexistence between the people in Middle East then everyone else, but noone is really acting towards it.

Sorry for sounding like a cyberhero, I cant change much, but at least I try to talk and understand you guys and make you understand my opinion and those of many other assyrians too.

Rumtaya
Ashna
Ashna

Next

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis