Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Peshmerga

A collection of threads on topics that get updated regularly :
Peshmerga, Kurdistan Universities, Consulates in Kurdistan, Construction in (Hewler, Slemani, Dohuk, Kerkuk).Top Kurdish Holidays, Top Kurdish News Sites, Top Kurdish Terms. ...

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Kulka » Thu May 19, 2011 3:17 pm

kurdimemin_diako wrote:
Kulka wrote:the next would be any one that will try to occupy Kurdistan.

then its all of them ! :lol:

no, i mean a new one - these old one we already discussed too many times :D
Kulka
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:17 pm

alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kulka » Fri May 20, 2011 3:03 am

nice pic, but it would be more nice if he keep the weapon up to the sky, not down toward the street. anyway - maybe i saw him when i was there - who knows? i cant remember all faces.
Kulka
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:33 am

hehe yeah good point , but they lock the trigger so its safe lol , i'd rather see hand guns instead of AKs in public places hidden as well.
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:33 am

the flag on there arms makes me like this :D
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kulka » Fri May 20, 2011 8:56 am

alan131210 wrote:hehe yeah good point , but they lock the trigger so its safe lol , i'd rather see hand guns instead of AKs in public places hidden as well.

no, these AK's are cool and our boys usually dont overuse them in public places :D . i think with hand guns they might look like gangsters :lol:
Kulka
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:53 am

its gotta be hidden or worn with proper belts and stuff not just shove them down the panies hehehe
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kulka » Wed May 25, 2011 1:35 pm

however they will carry its still ok. when i was in Kurdistan i knew i am safe coz they were everywhere. today when i went shopping i saw 4 soldiers in very similiar uniforms and when i saw them from a distance, my first though was about Kurdistan, but a second later i realize they were not Kurds... :(
Kulka
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: kurdimemin_diako » Wed May 25, 2011 6:10 pm

what a shame ! :lol: :lol: 8)
kurdimemin_diako
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Azamat » Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 pm

alan131210 wrote:Image

That's not an AK he's holding. It's an Israeli 'Galil' assault rifle.

So the whole myth about Israel supplying the Peshmerga, and maybe even the PKK is true? Well, that'll be another thing for the Turks and Arabs to bitch about :lol:

Azamat
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: thearabchildren » Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I don't know if either is true but:

1. The Peshmerga are internationally recognised as a legitimate military, so supplying them is not the same as supplying the PKK, for "Israel" or anyone else.
2. Especially in this region, getting ahold of guns doesn't necessarily indicate direct ideological support from the country the gun was made in. IE: Does everyone carrying an AK have the direct ideological support of Moscow? Does everyone carrying an M-16 have the direct ideological support of Washington D.C.?

However, those were general statements. For this specific case, I would say that it would not surprise me if the Peshmerga had Tel Aviv's more or less direct support, seeing as an independent Kurdistan will not be even as close to the Arabs as it is to Turkey, and "Israel"s first concern is definitely Arabs, not Turkey or the Kurds.
thearabchildren
Shermin
Shermin

Nationality: Jewish

PostAuthor: Azamat » Wed May 25, 2011 6:50 pm

thearabchildren wrote:I don't know if either is true but:

1. The Peshmerga are internationally recognised as a legitimate military, so supplying them is not the same as supplying the PKK, for "Israel" or anyone else.

The PKK can still recieve indirect, intransparant Israeli support, with weapons being sent through multiple distribution layers.
2. Especially in this region, getting ahold of guns doesn't necessarily indicate direct ideological support from the country the gun was made in. IE: Does everyone carrying an AK have the direct ideological support of Moscow? Does everyone carrying an M-16 have the direct ideological support of Washington D.C.?

However, those were general statements. For this specific case, I would say that it would not surprise me if the Peshmerga had Tel Aviv's more or less direct support, seeing as an independent Kurdistan will not be even as close to the Arabs as it is to Turkey, and "Israel"s first concern is definitely Arabs, not Turkey or the Kurds.

Turkey and Israel have gradually been becoming hostile towards each other, with the breakthrough being the Gaza flotilla raid. If Israeli interests become radicalized, it might see the PKK as a tool against Turkey, although I'd say that's indeed not the case now.

Azamat
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: thearabchildren » Wed May 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Azamat wrote:The PKK can still recieve indirect, intransparant Israeli support, with weapons being sent through multiple distribution layers.

Yes, this is possible.

Azamat wrote:Turkey and Israel have gradually been becoming hostile towards each other, with the breakthrough being the Gaza flotilla raid. If Israeli interests become radicalized, it might see the PKK as a tool against Turkey, although I'd say that's indeed not the case now.

No. The majority of Turkish people have always been more or less hostile to the Zionist entity, particularly Leftists and Islamists. The Turkish state merely puts up a front of resistance to placate them while it continues business as usual. "Israel"s leadership, meanwhile, is aware of this situation, but just as Kerdoğan finds it useful to shout up a storm so people can think he's "independent" of foreign influence ("Israeli" and American), it's useful to keep the "Israeli" public focused on those bad, bad Turks and what they're doing to the poor Kurds (as though "Israelis" will ever try to actually help the Kurds in any meaningful sense) instead of trying to forge an actual peace with the Palestinians.

I have said this dozens of times on this forum. Do I really need to start digging up links proving how much Turkey and "Israel" continue to value close cooperation? I mean honestly, not even Jordan and Saudi Arabia can top Turkey for lack of adherence to BDS (regularly called for by Palestinian civil society). Nor can Saudi Arabia top Kerdoğan for fake opposition to a state he clearly has strong economic, military and political interest in supporting.

If you're not in Turkey, and you don't watch Turkish news, it's perhaps unclear how little any mainstream Turkish political party cares for the human rights of Arabs, including the Palestinians.
thearabchildren
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: thearabchildren » Wed May 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Again, what do you think my ulterior motive is for pointing this out? How does it help the Kurds to pretend an "Israeli" or American "saviour" is going to swoop in and save them? It's cruel to the Kurdish people to pretend that the rest of the world is really concerned about them. The sort of "Israelis" who actually want Kurds to have their rights are the same sort of "Israelis" who have no influence in "Israeli" society. Any meaningful levels of support for the Kurds by "Israel" will be for pragmatic reasons. The accusation that "Israel" is supporting the PKK started (so far as I'm aware) with Uğur Mumcu, who also implicated the Kemalists in the same plot. IE, the accusation was that the war with the PKK had become a manageable and politically useful conflict, which I have to say, it certianly has. A few poor kids die every year, tragically, and the Kurds get nothing, and neither do the Turks really, if you think about it. Just the so-called "leadership".

Let's also not forget that wikileaks recently proved that the US has been funding the PKK (probably ever since the Soviet Union stopped doing so). Are we going to suggest now that there's a huge rift between Washington D.C. and Ankara and that the U.S. is on the Kurds' side? No, as usual, the U.S. government (just like the Turkish, "Israeli", Saudi, Syrian, Iranian and Iraqi governments) will exploit, lie to, and oppress the Kurds, blaming one another while the Kurdish masses remain divided and powerless. There are solutions to this tragic state of affairs, but hoping for obviously corrupt states with no clear interest in helping the Kurdish masses to level the playing field, to me, does not seem to be one of them.
thearabchildren
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: ideas » Wed May 25, 2011 7:17 pm

The peshmerga have a budget of nearly $1.8 billion dollars!

The results of Rudaw’s investigation show that the ministries of the interior and Peshmarga and the security directorates of Erbil and Sulaimani take 21.23 percent of the KRG’s annual budget and 15.57 percent of the overall budget.

http://www.rudaw.net/english/kurds/3702.html

so hopefully we should be seeing some good weapons soon!

That Israeli weapon is made in 70's so no one knows when we got a hold of it, however as you know america is present in Iraq, and hence the Americans can sell the Israeli weapons for Israel.

Also, it's better that we tell people that we don't have ties with Israel and whether we do or not is not important, what's important that middle easterners know that we don't! it's not in our benefit at all to tell them that we might have ties with Israel as that country is hated by all of them and so it would make them hate us too! and that's something we don't need.

ideas
Ashna
Ashna

PreviousNext

Return to Mega Threads (Top-100 Kurdish Topics)