Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Tribes

About history of Kurdistan and middle east and the world.

Tribes

PostAuthor: Emmunah » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:13 am

Can someone tell me about the tribes in parts of Kurdistan? I know only a little, and would like to know more. It seems there are many of the same names, and when you say some names people give you more attention.

Thank You,
Emmunah
Never look down on somebody unless you are helping them up.

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh.... at yourself.
Emmunah
Shermin
Shermin

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Tribes

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Tribes

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:31 am

in east kurdistan , kelhor , mengorr , erdelan ,
in south barzan , caf , (pronounce c as j)

I will tell you me if I recall.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:58 pm

Oh God... What a humongous question... :shock:

Well... Emmunah dear, there are hundreds of tribes in all of Kurdistan combined... But I can name (most) of those which are based in Colemêrg and Badînan! :D

Colemêrg:

Nîsanî (Şikakî tribe confederation)
Dela (Şikakî)
Ertûşî (Guhreş etc. branches)
Begzade
Dirî
Pinyanişî
Ewduyî

Badînan:

Barzanî
Zebarî
Bamêrnî
Koçer (intially a branch of the Ertûşî tribe confederation)

Tribes found in both provinces:

Herikî
Dostkî
Berwarî

And these are just off the top of my head - but I have made several lists of just the tribes in Colemêrg before - and I always ended up with ca 15... So there are too many to realy get into...

I do have a book in Turkish, which lists ALL the Kurdish tribes of Bakûr... And most of those in Başûr, Rojava and some of those in Rojhelat...

The most prominent Kurdish tribal confederations are:

Kelhûrî
Şikakî
Caf
Barzanî

These all consist of smaller sub-branches... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Marie K. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:45 pm

Diri wrote:Oh God... What a humongous question... :shock:

Well... Emmunah dear, there are hundreds of tribes in all of Kurdistan combined... But I can name (most) of those which are based in Colemêrg and Badînan! :D

Colemêrg:

Nîsanî (Şikakî tribe confederation)
Dela (Şikakî)
Ertûşî (Guhreş etc. branches)
Begzade
Dirî
Pinyanişî
Ewduyî

Badînan:

Barzanî
Zebarî
Bamêrnî
Koçer (intially a branch of the Ertûşî tribe confederation)

Tribes found in both provinces:

Herikî
Dostkî
Berwarî

And these are just off the top of my head - but I have made several lists of just the tribes in Colemêrg before - and I always ended up with ca 15... So there are too many to realy get into...

I do have a book in Turkish, which lists ALL the Kurdish tribes of Bakûr... And most of those in Başûr, Rojava and some of those in Rojhelat...

The most prominent Kurdish tribal confederations are:

Kelhûrî
Şikakî
Caf
Barzanî

These all consist of smaller sub-branches... :)

oh its really interesting i didnt know about it, how can u find at which tribes u belongs??

about it i found that:
http://www.iranica.com/articles/ot_grp5 ... 40616.html
Awesta

Marie K.
Shermin
Shermin

Nationality: Hispanic

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:47 am

OH MY GOD... HOW tragic!!!

Marie in the link you have provided, this French guy says "PERSIA" for "IRAN" - and calls the rest of Kurdistan for "Northern Iraq" and "Anatolia"...

The little roddent... He should be put in a chair and tortured with Kurdish history for the rest of his life... :lol:

Well, Marie, you can't "find out" about your tribal background, unless you have family line going back to a tribe or perhaps your father knows if you ask him...

This type of information runs down the family... So you have to ask, basically... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Marie K. » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:35 am

Diri wrote:OH MY GOD... HOW tragic!!!

Marie in the link you have provided, this French guy says "PERSIA" for "IRAN" - and calls the rest of Kurdistan for "Northern Iraq" and "Anatolia"...

The little roddent... He should be put in a chair and tortured with Kurdish history for the rest of his life... :lol:

Well, Marie, you can't "find out" about your tribal background, unless you have family line going back to a tribe or perhaps your father knows if you ask him...

This type of information runs down the family... So you have to ask, basically... :)

ok txks but i think he wont know about it..
Awesta

Marie K.
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:52 pm

You're welcome...

Find out exactly where his roots are from, and we'll be able to guess your tribe... :wink:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Vladimir » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:57 pm

I know someone from almost every tribe you mentioned Diri. lol
The suppression of ethnic cultures and minority religious groups in attempting to forge a modern nation were not unique to Turkey but occurred in very similar ways in its European neighbours - Bruinessen.

Vladimir
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:50 pm

Vladimir wrote:I know someone from almost every tribe you mentioned Diri. lol

I bet the ones you knew someone from were all those based in Badînan... :lol:

Do you know anyone from those based in Colemêrg? :)

I mean apart from me... (:lol:)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Marie K. » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Diri wrote:You're welcome...

Find out exactly where his roots are from, and we'll be able to guess your tribe... :wink:

u right im really curious to know more about its difficult to asking someone who isnt very talkative;-)
anyway its u who have told me more about the meaning of my family name..so txks anyway..it was really interesting :) ..
Awesta

Marie K.
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:45 pm

Marie K. wrote:

u right im really curious to know more about its difficult to asking someone who isnt very talkative;-)
anyway its u who have told me more about the meaning of my family name..so txks anyway..it was really interesting :) ..

And you are most welcome :)

But I think you should pressure him to speak about it, Marie... You know why?

Because you have the right to know who you are and to know your legacy and family background... He may not be into this "self-searching" thing - but it's naturally your right... Besides: if he doesn't reveal to you all that he knows - his information will be lost when he isn't here any longer... That is why I always pressure my parents even if they say give signals of not wanting to talk about it... One day we'll be gone - and only our children will remain - and it is my duty to make sure they know who they are and where they came from... :)

Just as it is your duty to guide your children, Marie... Don't you agree? :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Marie K. » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Diri wrote:
Marie K. wrote:

And you are most welcome :)

But I think you should pressure him to speak about it, Marie... You know why?

Because you have the right to know who you are and to know your legacy and family background... He may not be into this "self-searching" thing - but it's naturally your right... Besides: if he doesn't reveal to you all that he knows - his information will be lost when he isn't here any longer... That is why I always pressure my parents even if they say give signals of not wanting to talk about it... One day we'll be gone - and only our children will remain - and it is my duty to make sure they know who they are and where they came from... :)

Just as it is your duty to guide your children, Marie... Don't you agree? :)

its true but indeed i already had asked him about it didnt i tell u?(if u remember i think i did) ..but its a little confusing espêcially when its about quite old period..

but for the part u said about children heritage its really not a problem cuz the children got their origin and ethnicity mostly by their father not by their mother..;-)

so about what he said i cant check by myself cuz i dont have too much family..anyway its not so much important..cuz everyone is free to choose the identity whose those one can feel the closest..
Awesta

Marie K.
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Marie - every child inherits 23 chromosomes from it's father and 23 chromosomes from it's mother...

The Y and X chromosomes which are the sex-decisive chromosomes are however only produced by the male species of the human race... Or more correctly: women produce the X chromosome, but not the Y chromosome...

Anyway - it's scientifically proved that a child is half-half (half from mother and half from father)... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Marie K. » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:53 pm

Diri wrote:Marie - every child inherits 23 chromosomes from it's father and 23 chromosomes from it's mother...

The Y and X chromosomes which are the sex-decisive chromosomes are however only produced by the male species of the human race... Or more correctly: women produce the X chromosome, but not the Y chromosome...

Anyway - it's scientifically proved that a child is half-half (half from mother and half from father)... :)

yea i know it lol but u speak about science i was saying to define someone identity in almost every culture its the father origin who is matters..
Awesta

Marie K.
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:47 pm

Marie K. wrote:
Diri wrote:Marie - every child inherits 23 chromosomes from it's father and 23 chromosomes from it's mother...

yea i know it lol but u speak about science i was saying to define someone identity in almost every culture its the father origin who is matters..

:lol:

Okey - now I see what you mean... But you didn't make it very clear... :)

Yes, in most cultures, the father plays a decisive role in the formation of his children's identity...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Next

Return to History