Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Kurds and beauty

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

Re: Kurds and beauty

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:42 am

Palto wrote:Good discussion!
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". It goes completely right, for many. Though, if we compared the traditional beauty standard (by some of our ancestors) with the modern standard embodied in Gisele Bundchen for example (damn the girl is hot!), then we might have a demon child or even a "dwarf shape-filled object" here and in the rest of the world.
What I can tell for sure is that the physical anthropology is evolving, again, the one to blame, is globalization. I heard from many foreigners here in SK that, we Kurd, are quite divers in looking, we have W European look, African, Far east Asian and absolutely Russian, don't forget the South American. This is all due to the miscellaneous races we came in contact with. Which finally developed this diversity that we have today.

The other critical factor was the change in demographic characters of people here in SK. Higher income, change in climate and environment, along with entry of some "artificial tools" such as plastic surgery and cosmetics.

Bottom line is: Kurd as a nation, has its own beauty in its own way. Just like African Americans and Japanese have.

Thanks,
AL

I have never seen an entirely African or East Asian looking Kurd,though I heard there is a small number of Kurds of Ethiopian descend(2-3 thousand). Also the "total" Russian or West European looking Kurds are actually more likely fair haired versions of the other. Genetically the Kurds are pretty homogeneous too.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Zert » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 pm

I've thought a bit about the subject, and now think the following:
Kurdish women are on average decent in terms of beauty. Sure there's ugly and fat ones, but I'd say most of them are OK. The problem is however that I don't see a lot of Kurdish women who are really breathtakingly beautiful. Say you go to a Kurdish meeting, you will see a lot of 6's and 7's (for those unfamiliar with this, you put a mark on someone's attractiveness on a scale of 1-10), some ugly ones, but you won't see a lot that are 8 and above.
Kurdish DNA blog:
http://kurdishdna.blogspot.com/

Kurdish Musings (a great Kurdish history blog):
lepzerin.wordpress.com
Zert
Shermin
Shermin

Highscores: 0

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:54 pm

@ Zert

Now we all know why you go to Kurdish meetings =))
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Zert » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Anthea wrote:@ Zert

Now we all know why you go to Kurdish meetings =))

:-\
Kurdish DNA blog:

lepzerin.wordpress.com
Zert
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:42 pm

You go to meetings to look at the ladies :ymdevil:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Zert » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm still not sure whether that's supposed to be funny or a genuine observation; I go to Kurdish meetings because I'm Kurdish, and wish to support and socialize with my own. And of course, I check out the ladyfolk while I'm at it too, don't see a problem with that.
Kurdish DNA blog:

lepzerin.wordpress.com
Zert
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Zert wrote:I'm still not sure whether that's supposed to be funny or a genuine observation; I go to Kurdish meetings because I'm Kurdish, and wish to support and socialize with my own. And of course, I check out the ladyfolk while I'm at it too, don't see a problem with that.

I was joking :))

It was not my intention to belittle you or insult you in any way what-so-ever.

I strongly believe that there should be more social events for Kurdish people, especially the ladies who often have a very limited circle of friends.
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Feyli_kord » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 am

You make it seem like crime ^

Feyli_kord
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: kani » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 am

as a Kurdish girl I get a lot of nice comments from guys (from different nationalities) BUT I have got the most stupid comments from KURDISH guys themselves. I remember when one some guys in a Kurdish party looked at me and laughed.
I wonder is it just that we Kurdish women in general doesn't com up in their taste? Maybe I am too dark and too tall for their taste but it's funny how other people gave me comments about I should be a model or join beauty pageants because I am good looking and bla bla .
I feel we are the only nation were we look down to our own women s beauty but look up to other womens beauty from different nation.
I have seen in some Arab and Persian site were they always upgrade their women's beauty in every way while our own men downgrade us as we would be the ugliest god created on this earth. I remember that Persian guy who came up to me and told me "ohh you are beautiful,you look Persian!" I replied with "Thank you hun,I am not Persian" he looked at me for a while "then what are you? Arab? Spanish Italian Indian or Mexican??" I laughed so hard at him. He told me that people could pass me of being from all these nationalities =)) .

What I am trying to say is, our women are beautiful and just like in any country you find both attractive to unattractive people. And for those who don't like kurdish women or our beauty,go find yourself something else but don't downgrade us or talk shit about us on how we look or act!
We are free of what we will look,dress or act.

PS.I don't mean anything bad but I just had to write it down.
kani
Shermin
Shermin

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm

kani wrote:as a Kurdish girl I get a lot of nice comments from guys (from different nationalities) BUT I have got the most stupid comments from KURDISH guys themselves. I remember when one some guys in a Kurdish party looked at me and laughed...

What I am trying to say is, our women are beautiful and just like in any country you find both attractive to unattractive people. And for those who don't like kurdish women or our beauty,go find yourself something else but don't downgrade us or talk shit about us on how we look or act!

Many Kurdish ladies seem to stop looking after their appearances after they reach 30 years of age, could this be due to the way Kurdish men treat them.

Reading what you wrote, it almost seems to me that Kurdish men resent their women looking attractive. Perhaps it is because they look so UGLY with those enormous moustaches :ymdevil:

I once kissed a man with a moustache, it was rather like kissing a hedgehog :shock:

Fortunately, most men in England do NOT have moustaches because homosexual men often have them :))
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: kani » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:49 pm

hahahah No wonder why Kurdish girls in my generation don't want to date any Kurdish boy. I swear most of them have told me that they won't even imagine themselves marry a Kurdish guy. :))

Anthea: do never kiss a guy with big mustaches again....you will only get hair into your mouth =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
kani
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:04 pm

@ kani

My dearest friend, a lovely young Kurdish lady from NK, refuses to marry a Kurd. :ymdevil:

It does see to be mostly Turkish men who have moustaches, very few Kurds have them :-o

BBC NEWS Europe

Turkish clinics offer moustache implants

Clinics in Istanbul offering moustache implants are attracting men from all parts of the world.

In some cultures, facial hair is often seen as a symbol of strength and virility.

WARNING YOU MIGHT FALL OFF YOU CHAIR LAUGHING AT THIS VIDEO: =)) =)) =)) =))
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21253773
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: brendar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 pm

kani wrote:as a Kurdish girl I get a lot of nice comments from guys (from different nationalities) BUT I have got the most stupid comments from KURDISH guys themselves. I remember when one some guys in a Kurdish party looked at me and laughed.
I wonder is it just that we Kurdish women in general doesn't com up in their taste? Maybe I am too dark and too tall for their taste but it's funny how other people gave me comments about I should be a model or join beauty pageants because I am good looking and bla bla .
I feel we are the only nation were we look down to our own women s beauty but look up to other womens beauty from different nation.
I have seen in some Arab and Persian site were they always upgrade their women's beauty in every way while our own men downgrade us as we would be the ugliest god created on this earth. I remember that Persian guy who came up to me and told me "ohh you are beautiful,you look Persian!" I replied with "Thank you hun,I am not Persian" he looked at me for a while "then what are you? Arab? Spanish Italian Indian or Mexican??" I laughed so hard at him. He told me that people could pass me of being from all these nationalities =)) .

Then go and marry an arab or turk or persian. Then we will see how they will treat you. Maybe you dont like Kurdish men because they have honor.
brendar
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Feyli_kord » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 am

kani wrote:as a Kurdish girl I get a lot of nice comments from guys (from different nationalities) BUT I have got the most stupid comments from KURDISH guys themselves. I remember when one some guys in a Kurdish party looked at me and laughed.

But that's just your experience. Personally I think all middle-eastern nations need a genetic upgrade appearance wise.

Feyli_kord
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: kani » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 am

Anthea wrote:@ kani

My dearest friend, a lovely young Kurdish lady from NK, refuses to marry a Kurd. :ymdevil:

It does see to be mostly Turkish men who have moustaches, very few Kurds have them :-o

BBC NEWS Europe

Turkish clinics offer moustache implants

Clinics in Istanbul offering moustache implants are attracting men from all parts of the world.

In some cultures, facial hair is often seen as a symbol of strength and virility.

WARNING YOU MIGHT FALL OFF YOU CHAIR LAUGHING AT THIS VIDEO: =)) =)) =)) =))
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21253773

hahahah OMG =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I am daying =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
kani
Shermin
Shermin

PreviousNext

Return to Roj Bash Cafe