Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

My ancestry results (23andme)

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:15 am

Well here is my ancestry results:
My McDonald's anyalsis:
Iranian= 0.726 Georgian= 0.274
Last edited by jjmuneer on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: My ancestry results (23andme)

PostAuthor: Kurdsta » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 am

okay.... i dont get most of it. all i got was italian??

care to explain what some these things are suppose to mean i have no idea about gene results.

does it tell you what percentage of what ethnicity you are?

Kurdsta
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Kurdsta wrote:okay.... i dont get most of it. all i got was italian??

care to explain what some these things are suppose to mean i have no idea about gene results.

does it tell you what percentage of what ethnicity you are?

https://www.23andme.com/you/faqwin/usingancestrypainting/
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: kardox » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm

good job. So you are similar to Europeans (Indo-European ancestry, ) and people in the Mideast (Arab invasion), and you have Asian similarities, that could be the mongol invasion? And Like all non sub-Saharan Africans you have around 2% of neanderthal ancestry. Am I wrong?
Btw, how much did you pay ?
Ham chinaar, ham chighaal, ham zinaar
chee buu Rustamee kurree Zaal

Amr kir seesit u shesht saal
Amr kir seesit u shesht saa

Heezh bichuuka, t'ifaal,
Daayee himbees kir, bira maal
kardox
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:02 pm

kardox wrote:good job. So you are similar to Europeans (Indo-European ancestry, ) and people in the Mideast (Arab invasion), and you have Asian similarities, that could be the mongol invasion? And Like all non sub-Saharan Africans you have around 2% of neanderthal ancestry. Am I wrong?

Mideast doesn't equate "Arab", it can be native caucasian middle-easterners aswell, like Hurrians, Gutians, Kassites etc...
Yes Europeans/Mid-east populations have around 2-4% neanderthal ancestry. And that east asian in me, might just be "noise", a mistake or very distant and minor.
I paid around 270-290 dollars, can't remember and it also depends where you live. If in the USA, it's much cheaper.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: brendar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Interesting :D
brendar
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:33 pm

kardox wrote:good job. So you are similar to Europeans (Indo-European ancestry, ) and people in the Mideast (Arab invasion), and you have Asian similarities, that could be the mongol invasion? And Like all non sub-Saharan Africans you have around 2% of neanderthal ancestry. Am I wrong?

All Kurds as far as I have seen first score South Europeans. Its nothing unusual. Genetically Kurds are simply closer to South Europeans as they are to Bedouins. And even closer to North Europeans.

As reference population for the Mid East they use Palestinian Bedouins, Saudis and Druze people. The Druze are not the reason they are relatively close to us. its the Saudi samples which drag them away from us.
Last edited by Kurdistano on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 1

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Interesting maternal Haplogroup. Haplogroup T is strong in the Baltics and believed to originated somewhere in Anatolia. Some people also connect it to light hair and eyes.

Your paternal Haplogroup as we know is J1 but now its somehow confirmed that it is not the semitic connected J1c3d but only J1.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 am

Kurdistano wrote:Interesting maternal Haplogroup. Haplogroup T is strong in the Baltics and believed to originated somewhere in Anatolia. Some people also connect it to light hair and eyes.

Your paternal Haplogroup as we know is J1 but now its somehow confirmed that it is not the semitic connected J1c3d but only J1.

Yep, it either corresponds with my tribe's name in the eastern caucasus, which has elevated frequency of J1, or Anatolia as you stated.
Regarding T1, well I've also seen studies that suggest it was a maternal haplogroup in fairly large frequencies along H, in ancient andronovo(Khazakistan). It may have something to do with the indo-europeans, considering its practically absent in Basques who are non indo-european.

Kurdistano I know Kurds score SE first on global similarities, but do you know why I score NE second, and not near easterner? I''ve compared my genome to Orange pulp's, and she has the same.

I was also wondering on Mcdonald's anyalsis, do you know why I have a "high" frequency of south asia and minor "east asian"? Apparently the east asian is either "noise" or insignificant.

In relation to my T1 being assoicated with light hair and eye people, well I don't know about that, but I guess I my family have more light hair and eyes than other Kurds within the region, but it still exists throughout.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm

jjmuneer wrote:
Kurdistano wrote:Interesting maternal Haplogroup. Haplogroup T is strong in the Baltics and believed to originated somewhere in Anatolia. Some people also connect it to light hair and eyes.

Yep, it either corresponds with my tribe's name in the eastern caucasus, which has elevated frequency of J1, or Anatolia as you stated.
Regarding T1, well I've also seen studies that suggest it was a maternal haplogroup in fairly large frequencies along H, in ancient andronovo(Khazakistan). It may have something to do with the indo-europeans, considering its practically absent in Basques who are non indo-european.

Kurdistano I know Kurds score SE first on global similarities, but do you know why I score NE second, and not near easterner? I''ve compared my genome to Orange pulp's, and she has the same.

I was also wondering on Mcdonald's anyalsis, do you know why I have a "high" frequency of south asia and minor "east asian"? Apparently the east asian is either "noise" or insignificant.

In relation to my T1 being assoicated with light hair and eye people, well I don't know about that, but I guess I my family have more light hair and eyes than other Kurds within the region, but it still exists throughout.

All Kurds I have seen so far first score South, second North and third Near Eastern as top. Many Kurds have small and insignificant amount of East Asian admixture. The South Asian in Mcdonalds analysis is probably genetic which are shared between you and South Asian but these Genes havent to be "South Asian" by origin. Its probably West Eurasian elements found in high frequency in South Asia (ANI like). This gets more obvious when we look at your 23andme data where you score 99% "Europe"(Caucasian).

What I find interesting however is that they compare you to Sardinians which we know from data available today that they are the remains of Neolithic people in Europe and genetically most similar to Farmers found all across Europe.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks.
The south Asian can also be related to the indo-Aryans or Indo-Scythians, but I'm just speculating.

This is what Doug Mcdonald said:
Its hard to tell ... but for you, European is probably both. The south Asian is VERY

typical of people in your region .... its a “crossroads” between Europe and the Mideast,

South Asia, and East Asia.

This is what I found on ABF about T1. 'Polako' posted this, the polish guy on Scythian/Sarmatian remains:
http://eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/ancient-mtdna-from-mesolithic-bronze.html
According to the Balanovsky thesis we've been discussing in other threads, 16 Don Scythians from a 2500-year-old burial ground near Rostov had their mtDNA tested...

Scythians EUROPE. Ancient times (about 2500 years ago) is presented in this study for the European Scythians (Table 3). The observed spectrum of mtDNA haplogroups (in order of T, U5a, H, I, D, A, C, F, U2e, U7) demonstrates the great genetic diversity and the prevalence of West Eurasian haplogroups. Other authors (Lalueza-Fox et al., 2003) found a similar gene pool in related Scythian culture in Kazakhstan. This indicates that in the Scythian epoch of "West Eurasian" gene pools spread much farther east than it is now.
Is there any way of getting more info about this?

By the way, it's interesting that apparently mtDNA T was the most numerous haplogroup, because it has already popped up in numerous remains from Neolithic and Bronze Age Ukraine and Siberia.

Balanovsky Oleg P., Variability of gene pool in space and time: Data synthesis, genogeography, mitochondrial DNA and Y-chromosome. Dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Science. 2012

There is one guy in my tribe, that 'feyliman' guy, and he got southern european first, then near easterner, though my results probably more typical.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

As most people know its getting more and more clear that the Proto-Indoeuropeans started somewhere in the Near East during late Neolithic-Bronze Age. Those moved into Steppe areas and mixed with local Hunther and Gatheres from which the Indo-Iranian branch also originated.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Kurdistano wrote:As most people know its getting more and more clear that the Proto-Indoeuropeans started somewhere in the Near East during late Neolithic-Bronze Age. Those moved into Steppe areas and mixed with local Hunther and Gatheres from which the Indo-Iranian branch also originated.

Some Europeans however won't accept this.

Interesting is that I found this:
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:33 pm

Kurdistano, organge pulp sent me this, basically she compared my genome to other members she knew.
Percent similarity to ******** Muneer over 537371 SNPs

Oh and this is what Orange pulp told me:
76.00% and above is very matchy
75.90% and above is a good match
75.80% and above is okay

Basically 75.80% is the minimum for strong genetic relation.
Feyli Man 76.71% (Kurd)
Kakhi S 76.05% (Georgian)
Marion Marougi 76.01% (Assyrian)
Elias Hovanesian 75.94% (Assyrian)
Sara Kevorkian 75.92% ( Armenian,Greek, Italian)
Ayse Hobeloglu 75.92% (Turk)
Dimitri Bibiluri 75.91% (Georgian)
Bilal Hobeloglu 75.91% (Turk)
Marguerite Strolle 75.90%
Apostolos Tsakpinis 75.90% (Greek)
Mustafa Isik 75.90% (Turk)
Toby Marougi 75.89% (Assyrian)
Christopher Younan 75.89% (Assyrian)
Jemal Gogitidze 75.88% (Georgian)
Nikoloz Gogitidze 75.88% (Georgian)
Giray Enkavi 75.87% (Balkan Turk)
Hal 2000 75.87% (Cypriot Turk)
Ara Tanajian 75.86% (Armenian)
Bonnie Dolce 75.86% (Italian)
Shlomy Shalom 75.86% (Jew)
IRAKLI AKHVLEDIANI 75.85% (Georgian)
Larisa Lyotova V3 75.85%
Berrin Yavuzer 75.85% (Turk)
Armend Skeja 75.84% (Albanian)
Kaya Akyuz 75.83% (Laz Turk)
Azad Rojhelat 75.83% (Anatolian Kurd)
Ramon Boghozian 75.82% (Armenian)
Murat Demirtas 75.82% (Turk)
CC Bilgin 75.82% (Blakan Turk)
P B 75.82%
Greek 1960 75.82% (Greek)
Hala Salman 75.81%
Battisto Moscia 75.80% (Italian)
Hayk Rakidjian 75.80% (Armenian)
John Maragoudakis 75.80% (Greek)
Cousin Mento 75.80% (Italian)
Orange Pulp 75.80% (Turk)<<<<< Me

Basically I cluster with Armenians, Albanians, Anatolain Kurds, Turks, Greeks, Italians, Balkaners(Turks) and Georgians.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:39 pm

jjmuneer wrote:
Kurdistano wrote:As most people know its getting more and more clear that the Proto-Indoeuropeans started somewhere in the Near East during late Neolithic-Bronze Age. Those moved into Steppe areas and mixed with local Hunther and Gatheres from which the Indo-Iranian branch also originated.

Some Europeans however won't accept this.

Only some Idiots nothing more. remains from Neolithic, Mesolithic etc have almost proven it also. Also all new studies also confirm this.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

Next

Return to Roj Bash Cafe