Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Favorite names

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Bariş, I see you listed my name as one of the ones you "dig"... 8)


Good!


I like your name too - and also the Kurdish version of your name "Bariş" = "Peace" = Aştî


Aştî is a female name, though... :)
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Favorite names

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: Barış » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:34 am

nuray wrote:
Barış wrote:Hey Nuray, on subject of names. I'm curios, what was your folks surnames in iran? :P Zazza

why do you want know? alavi and ahmadi.
it is zaza ok. ;)

I don't know why. Zaza :D Alavi remind me of Alevi and Ahmadi :lol: AhmadiNejad. :shock:
User avatar
Barış
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Nationality: Hispanic

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: Barış » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:39 am

Diri wrote:Bariş, I see you listed my name as one of the ones you "dig"... 8)


Good!


I like your name too - and also the Kurdish version of your name "Bariş" = "Peace" = Aştî


Aştî is a female name, though... :)

Barış isn't my real name though. :lol: What you think of Chinguun? ;)
User avatar
Barış
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Nationality: Hispanic

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: Barış » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:16 pm

:lol: Nuray, I was bored so was doing some searchin. Are you related to Rahman Haj-Ahmadi?
Also found this kinda sad interesting article on Alavi search:
Vienna: Protester who set himself on fire dies of injuries

An ethnic Kurd, who set himself on fire during a protest against alleged human rights abuses in Turkey earlier this month, has died of his injuries on December 24th. Metin Alavi, 36, died in Vienna General Hospital nearly two weeks after he doused himself gasoline and set his body on fire in act of solidarity for political prisoners in Turkey. Alavi set himself alight during a protests near St. Stephen's Cathedral on Dec. 15. According to the protest group "Anti-Imperial Coordination'' , Alavi was frequently arrested and tortured by police in Turkey for leading a revolutionary Kurdish rights group. He fled to Austria, where he continued his fight, but claimed that police here also pressured him for information he couldn't provide. The police sees the reason for the suicide in family problems.

ORF ON Volksgruppen
User avatar
Barış
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Nationality: Hispanic

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: nuray » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:48 pm

Barış wrote::lol: Nuray, I was bored so was doing some searchin. Are you related to Rahman Haj-Ahmadi?
Also found this kinda sad interesting article on Alavi search:
Vienna: Protester who set himself on fire dies of injuries

An ethnic Kurd, who set himself on fire during a protest against alleged human rights abuses in Turkey earlier this month, has died of his injuries on December 24th. Metin Alavi, 36, died in Vienna General Hospital nearly two weeks after he doused himself gasoline and set his body on fire in act of solidarity for political prisoners in Turkey. Alavi set himself alight during a protests near St. Stephen's Cathedral on Dec. 15. According to the protest group "Anti-Imperial Coordination'' , Alavi was frequently arrested and tortured by police in Turkey for leading a revolutionary Kurdish rights group. He fled to Austria, where he continued his fight, but claimed that police here also pressured him for information he couldn't provide. The police sees the reason for the suicide in family problems.

ORF ON Volksgruppen


no i am not related to abdul rahman haji ahmadi. :roll:
that was very sad. metin was mentally ill....
User avatar
nuray
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: Barış » Thu May 01, 2008 9:07 pm

My favorite name is Shahab. :lol:
User avatar
Barış
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Nationality: Hispanic

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: matin123 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:57 am

Does anybody know the meaning of the the names Ako and Diako?
User avatar
matin123
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Nationality: Hispanic

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: kurdangel » Mon May 05, 2008 12:54 pm

Diri wrote:
Aştî is a female name, though... :)


Aştî is not a female name.. its a boys name.. at least in southern-kurdistan.
http://www.youtube.com/kurdangel

------------

pêşim merge, piştim merge
Cemî şawim û rojim merge
lem duniya da beşim merge
merg merg merg

7arş û kirş û îslam û Kafir
gişt lêm aken pilan û xader
to minit xulqanwe bo qaher
xuaye xuayeeee
User avatar
kurdangel
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:46 am
Location: London, Hawler
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue May 06, 2008 11:31 am

kurdangel wrote:
Diri wrote:
Aştî is a female name, though... :)


Aştî is not a female name.. its a boys name.. at least in southern-kurdistan.


There you go... Nothing surprises me anymore... :lol:

Well - in any case, it must be (a male name) among Soranî speakers... For Kurmancs it is a female name...

This isn't the only case of gender difference for names between Sorans and Kurmancs... :)
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: mardin » Sat May 10, 2008 11:22 pm

My favorite names are

Ranoua Jwan and Shler

@offTop

PLease could someone tell me about this name "Mardin"
I dont know the meaning and I need it I know he was a King In a City called Mardin
and Its a city but i need the meaning

mardin
Nubar
Nubar
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:16 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: nuray » Sun May 11, 2008 2:00 am

mardin wrote:My favorite names are

Ranoua Jwan and Shler

@offTop

PLease could someone tell me about this name "Mardin"
I dont know the meaning and I need it I know he was a King In a City called Mardin
and Its a city but i need the meaning

welcome here.
yes mardin is a city, province in southeast türkiye.
mardin is a aramice word means castles, fortresses.
User avatar
nuray
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: Lost » Sun May 11, 2008 12:04 pm

Diri wrote:There you go... Nothing surprises me anymore... :lol:

Well - in any case, it must be (a male name) among Soranî speakers... For Kurmancs it is a female name...

This isn't the only case of gender difference for names between Sorans and Kurmancs... :)


Sohrab gyan .. among sorani speakers .. Aştî is uni-sex name .. used for males and females ...
Image
Eî xuda bo waye çaw kejallekem
Boçî napirsê le derdu hhallekem
Min perêşanim weku egirîcekey
Boçî dûre boçî nayîte mallekem
User avatar
Lost
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: mardin » Sun May 11, 2008 12:57 pm

nuray Thank you really I needed it If i didn't knew my meaning of my name i would put as ROman God Of War but THANK YOU

mardin
Nubar
Nubar
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:16 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: nuray » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 pm

kemal altıok :lol:
User avatar
nuray
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Favorite names

PostAuthor: Kubilay » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:14 pm

nuray wrote:kemal altıok :lol:

Why laugh? Thats great name.

Kubilay
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:46 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Nationality: Hispanic

PreviousNext

Return to Roj Bash Cafe

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot]

cron
x

#{title}

#{text}