Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

PLEASE Translation please can someone help me

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

PostAuthor: iona123 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Hello, I'm new here but I have been reading some posts to learn some kurdish.. especially the older posts.

I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find a reliable translation source. I'm wondering if anybody would be able to translate a note I have please? It's for my Kurdish boyfriend we had a really big fight which is mostly down to a misunderstanding due to our language barrier. I really want to try and put things right but it's so difficult with the language. Please I hope somebody can help me. I'd really appreciate it.
Here it is:

My dearest love. Please remember that we come from two very different cultures. My mother taught me to be head strong and to fight for equality, just like how your mother taught you to. This is why I don't always like to accept things and want you to explain the reasoning behind them. This is something you will miss if I leave. I understand your character and I know that you would be so bored with somebody who listens to you all of the time and who doesn't sometimes challenge you and your thoughts. I challenge you and this is how you open your mind, adapt and grow.  That is why we are here on this Earth is it not. Look how much more enriched your life is because of me and our love.

I think that although we have done really well so far, sometimes the language barrier causes problems for us and this is why we argue. I don't like arguing with you.

I do listen to you and I have learnt so much from you already. You have changed my life in more ways than I could explain. Yes I can be intense but when I feel things, I feel them intensely because I am a passionate person. I have seen this in you too. I love this about you.

You say I'm just thinking about now and not the future but I am thinking about the future. Why do you think I do the things I do everyday? Why am I learning your language? For our future. For our children. You test me and I have proven myself again and again. Please stop pushing me away. I am getting tired. Now it is your turn to fight for me.

I know it's really long but felt I needed to give it my all...thank you to anyone who might reply

iona123
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: European

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: PLEASE Translation please can someone help me

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:21 am

Hello iona welcome to Roj Bash :ymhug:

I hope it works out for you but most Kurds are very strict and have a brother sister relationship before they are married

Some Kurds are so strict that a male and female are not allowed to be on their own together and Kurdish men will normally only marry someone their family accepts

The best way for you to learn Kurdish is to get to know Kurdish families perhaps offer to teach some of them your language in return for them teaching you Kurdish

Which part of Kurdistan does your boyfriend come from - different areas have different languages and even different scripts
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: PLEASE Translation please can someone help me

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:25 am

For a male, especially a Kurdish one : Never complain, never explain.

Keep silent for 3 weeks, and if he does not break himself the silence, just send a normal and friendly message as if nothing happened. Kurds are not very eloquent about their psychological life. If he wants to come back, he will (they rarely stop all contacts).

About the "future" : has he no wife no bride no promised cousin in the country ? Is he ok to have relationship before marriage or just GF for the fun and then an arranged union among his family ?

And the most important : as so long as his family is not aware of your existence (in an official way) you have no weight.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

Return to Roj Bash Cafe