Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Armenian genocide

A place to talk about domestic politics in Middle East (Iran, Iraq , Turkey, Syria) Also includes topics about Assyrian, Armenian, Chaldean .

Armenian genocide

PostAuthor: KCF » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:17 pm

Dear friends.

What do you think about that evens.Can we determine it as a genocide ?
Last edited by KCF on Sat May 10, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCF
Shermin
Shermin

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Armenian genocide

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Armenian genocide

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:27 pm

NEVER FORGET!

1.5 Million Armenians were brutally and savagely massacred and systematically erradicated from eastern Anatolia in an effort to cleans those lands of Christian Armenians...

God forgive the Kurds who participated in this awful barbarism... Amen...

Pictures speak louder than words:

Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: zurderer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:30 pm

Infact, Pictures does not speak but they make propoganda(like these pictures, you can find some pictures from erzurum too. So pictures talk different)

I agree, at least an ethnic cleansing happened at anatolia but I am realy curious about number of deaths and genocide. Speciall, When you think about number of armenians now. It is almost impossible, they multiply so much If Their numbers are right.

zurderer
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Sirwan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:28 pm

I think convesion to another religion is not genocide.

Sirwan
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Barış » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:40 pm

KCF wrote:Dear frieds.

What do you think?
Barış
Tuti
Tuti

Nationality: Hispanic

PostAuthor: KCF » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:14 am

Barış wrote:
KCF wrote:Dear frieds.

What do you think?

It was a genocide. I am not sure about 1,5 mln-but it was an operation of ethnically cleaning that territories from armenians.
KCF
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:27 pm

I agree, at least an ethnic cleansing happened at anatolia but I am realy curious about number of deaths and genocide. Speciall, When you think about number of armenians now. It is almost impossible, they multiply so much If Their numbers are right.

Oh yeah sure, we should be impressed by the number of Armenians living currently in Turkey if we compare it to their number in 1914.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Kak Sirwan - forced conversion to Islam was just a bi-product of this Genocide... The main aim was: to erradicate all Armenians and Assyrians and Êzidî Kurds... Ethnic cleansing = Genocide...

Their children were taken from them and brought up as "good muslims" and their women were raped or given as "gifts" to men... That's a genocide... Pure and simple...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:14 pm

Here is the exact definition of the crime of genocide :

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
– Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article II

As we can see, Armenians, Assyrian, Chaldeans and Yezidis had unfortunately passed by the complete program in 1915 (except the d, for extermination and rapt of girls was enough to annihilate a group). I remind that only one point is in the list is enough for being a crime of genocide.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Sirwan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:05 pm

Diri wrote:Kak Sirwan - forced conversion to Islam was just a bi-product of this Genocide... The main aim was: to erradicate all Armenians and Assyrians and Êzidî Kurds... Ethnic cleansing = Genocide...

Their children were taken from them and brought up as "good muslims" and their women were raped or given as "gifts" to men... That's a genocide... Pure and simple...

The very same things did happen on our own unfortunate Kurdish people, but why no one talks about a Kurdish genocide during eraly 20th century?

I see here double standards. :(

Sirwan
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Sirwan wrote:
Diri wrote:Kak Sirwan - forced conversion to Islam was just a bi-product of this Genocide... The main aim was: to erradicate all Armenians and Assyrians and Êzidî Kurds... Ethnic cleansing = Genocide...

The very same things did happen on our own unfortunate Kurdish people, but why no one talks about a Kurdish genocide during eraly 20th century?

I see here double standards. :(

I hope you mean from non-Kurds...

Because Kurds know themselves what has happened to them... And I certainly hope you don't mean me - lol - because if you ask me, what the Turks have done to the Kurds is right up there with what they (and some Kurds) did to the Armenians...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: zurderer » Sun May 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Oh yeah sure, we should be impressed by the number of Armenians living currently in Turkey if we compare it to their number in 1914.

Totally unrelated.

As we can see, Armenians, Assyrian, Chaldeans and Yezidis had unfortunately passed by the complete program in 1915 (except the d, for extermination and rapt of girls was enough to annihilate a group). I remind that only one point is in the list is enough for being a crime of genocide.

Intend is still unproved.

Because Kurds know themselves what has happened to them... And I certainly hope you don't mean me - lol - because if you ask me, what the Turks have done to the Kurds is right up there with what they (and some Kurds) did to the Armenians...

Comperation is funny and unrespect to intelligent of human being.

Specially, when kurds spread all Turkey and still majority at their own cities and gain majority at some new towns.(like central sirt or big majority at mersin or some towns at western Turkey.)

Go and cry to your mom.

zurderer
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: matin123 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:53 am

Kak Zurderer, it wouldn't matter if Kurds were the majority in every city throughout the country. What right do they have to oppress us? Besides, Kurds have been living in "Turkiye" way before the Turks [b]invaded[b].

And lets say that the number of the people killed in the Armenian genocide is exagerated... How can you justify killing even one person? Let alone over a million people. And for what? Ethnic cleansing?

The same goes for people like Ahmadinejad who say that the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust is an exageration.
matin123
Shermin
Shermin

Nationality: Hispanic

PostAuthor: zurderer » Mon May 05, 2008 10:17 am

Kak Zurderer, it wouldn't matter if Kurds were the majority in every city throughout the country

Of course not. They are genocided like armenian not important If every cities are kurdish majority. After all, If there was not genocide all world become kurdish. For your info, If a nation is genocided, That nation generally lose population. So armenians totally lost all their cities and Kurds gain new cities and towns. Comparation is absurd. I still insist.

What right do they have to oppress us?

Unrelated. who said so. It just has no relation with genocide.

By the way, who are us? Are you from Turkey? If not, You are not suppressed by Turkey.

Besides, Kurds have been living in "Turkiye" way before the Turks [b]invaded[b].

Invade? Uh. what a bad habit Turks have. Only Turks invaded other nations. By the way, what are kurd doing at the army of Alparslan at malazgirt. Oh of course, Kurds are invading with Turks too..

For your info, Ottomans did not invaded kurdish lands too. It is kurds who need ottomans against iran. By the way, tell me which cities are kurdish majority at Turkey before Turks?

And lets say that the number of the people killed in the Armenian genocide is exagerated... How can you justify killing even one person? Let alone over a million people. And for what? Ethnic cleansing?

how can you justify a lie? a guilt does not justify another guilt.

The same goes for people like Ahmadinejad who say that the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust is an exageration.

Hitler intention was a known fact. Genocide intention of ittihadists are still not proved.

zurderer
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Savy » Mon May 05, 2008 2:20 pm

By the way, tell me which cities are kurdish majority at Turkey before Turks?

Before Turks came, Diyarbakir was a Kurdish city. Merwanids were ruling there. Also Batman, Mardin, partly Urfa was ruled by Kurdish dynasties.

Savy
Shermin
Shermin

Next

Return to Middle East