Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

is it offensive to call Turks Mongol ?

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

Re: is it offensive to call Turks Mongol ?

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Cewlik wrote:
jjmuneer wrote:Turks aren't Mongols, they are Turanids.

No like Qonyeyi said, Turks are mostly a mixture of Greeks, Kurds, Armenians, Arabs and a various of Balkanic and Caucassian people.

Yes but they also have Turanid in them which they orginally are, they are also culturally more aligned to Turkic countries in central asia. Even Turanids were a mix of Iranic/Tocharian and Mongoloid.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm

KurdInEurope wrote:I agree with you, dyaoko.

Anthea, I just saw some of those pictures. So disturbing! Where's the god damn international community to condemn these terrorists?! X(

SADLY :(( The international community has no idea what is going on and experience has shown me that most information about Kurds is only shared within the Kurdish community.

I know from personal experience how hard it is to find information and news about Kurds in English and I TRY TO FIND INFORMATION AND NEWS :-?

Remember March 16 1988 - the Halabja poison gas attack :(( Thousands of people were killed MANY thousands more died from injury, diseases, and birth defects :(( The international community set up a no fly zone bet did LITTLE or NOTHING else to help the people. When the Kurds tried to escape across the Turkish border for safety the KIND CARING TURKS SHOT THEM X(

The International community does not know and the leaders do not care :((

REMEMBER America only invaded Iraq when Saddam refused to sell his oil to them X( They did NOT invade when the Kurds were gassed and left to die X(
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Lepzerin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm

I was thinking the same thing dyaoko when I kept seeing people use the term to refer to Turks in general. I mean, Mongolians haven't done anything to Kurdish people. Sure, there's Genghis Khan and the Horde but that was hundreds of years ago, it would be insulting honestly to lump in the people of Mongolia with the suffering of Kurdistan. Mongolians themselves were long oppressed by the Chinese Kingdoms after the demise of their Khanates, and were only able to get independence after the 1911 revolutions which overthrew the old Qing Empire. I'm sure a lot of Mongolians have no bad blood with Kurds, and we shouldn't have any with them- why should we? We're worlds apart from each other and they haven't done anything publicly to hurt us. It gets Turks really worked up of course if you insinuate they have heritage from Asia rather than Europe (as they tend to emphasize their more "Caucasian" traits as unfortunately some Kurds are prone to doing) but I think the term is much more offensive to Mongolians to be associated with the acts of Kemalist state terror.

Honestly though I don't think it matters where you come from- Middle East, Europe, Africa, South and East Asia, Oceania, Native American, where ever- that shouldn't mean you should judge people on their outward appearance or see them as inferior. If you do, then it's no better than Turks honestly with the way some of their ultranationalists view Kurds as inherently uncultured and dumb. You judge people by their actions, ideally.
Lepzerin
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Lepzerin wrote:I was thinking the same thing dyaoko when I kept seeing people use the term to refer to Turks in general. I mean, Mongolians haven't done anything to Kurdish people. Sure, there's Genghis Khan and the Horde but that was hundreds of years ago, it would be insulting honestly to lump in the people of Mongolia with the suffering of Kurdistan. Mongolians themselves were long oppressed by the Chinese Kingdoms after the demise of their Khanates, and were only able to get independence after the 1911 revolutions which overthrew the old Qing Empire. I'm sure a lot of Mongolians have no bad blood with Kurds, and we shouldn't have any with them- why should we? We're worlds apart from each other and they haven't done anything publicly to hurt us. It gets Turks really worked up of course if you insinuate they have heritage from Asia rather than Europe (as they tend to emphasize their more "Caucasian" traits as unfortunately some Kurds are prone to doing) but I think the term is much more offensive to Mongolians to be associated with the acts of Kemalist state terror.

Honestly though I don't think it matters where you come from- Middle East, Europe, Africa, South and East Asia, Oceania, Native American, where ever- that shouldn't mean you should judge people on their outward appearance or see them as inferior. If you do, then it's no better than Turks honestly with the way some of their ultranationalists view Kurds as inherently uncultured and dumb. You judge people by their actions, ideally.

Mongols raped many women and destroyed many kuridsh states. They basically was the icing of the cake, right after the Islamic invasions.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: brendar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:35 pm

They should actually be called PEACE OF SHITS in capital letters. Is this offensive?
brendar
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: hevalo27 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 am

jjmuneer wrote:Mongols raped many women and destroyed many kuridsh states.

the kurds lived for a very long time in tribal confederations. this is a protective mechanism against external threats like the arab and mongol invasion, but it produced much rivality among the kurds. i roade somewhere that the mongols killed 70-90 percent of the anatolian population. you are right, they destoyed many kurdish princedomes and dynasties. and i belive that kurds fought very intense because of the kurdish culture (blood feud and warlike tribes which has its cause in the tribal culture). this could be the reason for the mongol brutality. i think the history of kurdistan would have been another, if the mongols were never appeared in kurdistan. the damages and casualties they leaved behind, was probably the reason that the safawids and ottomans had it easy to conquer the independent kurdish princedoms.

but that is all history and i also think its wrong to call turks mongols. they are like qonyeyi said only a anatolien and balcanic mix. look at them and you will see all nations. assimilated kurds, pontic and other greeks, assimilated armenians, assimilated slavic peoples and many other nationalities. except their language their is nothing turkish. no turkish food, no turkish cloths, no turkish culture, no turkish looks, no turksih music, no no no :lol: they are only anatolian and european peoples raped from a barbarian turkish Oghuz minority and ataturk. without ataturks language reforms they would even not have a real turkish language.

hevalo27
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Kuwaiti » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:57 pm

The Turkish people are Turkified Anatolians, to be honest. Azerbaijanis are also Turkified Caucasians. But these two nationalities act more Turkic than the real Turks who used to live in Central Asia.

But really who is a Turk? It's difficult to answer because:
1. Turkish people are Turkified Anatolians.
2. Azerbaijanis are Turkified Caucasians.
3. Uzbekistanis are Turkified Iranian-Mongolian mix.
4. Turkmenistanis are Turkified Iranian-Mongolian mix.
5. Kyrgyzstanis and Kazakhstanis are Turkified Mongolians with huge Slavic-Russian genetic influence.
6. Turkish Cypriots are Turkified Greeks.

Most of the Turkic people are genetically closer to Europe and Iran than Mongolia.

But where are the real Turks? It seems all Turkic populations are "Turkified [Something]".

I believe the Turks were just a military race of people who conquered lands and Turkified people such as Mongols, Anatolians, Caucasians, Iranians, Greeks, etc.

I prefer calling the Turks Gog and Magog because that's what they are. They're Gog and Magog. And even though Turkish people are originally Anatolian, their culture is militaristic. All Turkic countries are militaristic countries. Turkmenistan is the most messed up Turkic country, the most extreme militaristic version.

But the Kurdish people are sons of Saladin and should fear nothing. You guys just need a good leader who can form excellent diplomatic ties with the western and Israeli politicians, and who can unify his people under his leadership, and then the Turks will fear you.
Kuwaiti
Nubar
Nubar

Nationality: Arab

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Kuwaiti wrote:The Turkish people are Turkified Anatolians, to be honest. Azerbaijanis are also Turkified Caucasians. But these two nationalities act more Turkic than the real Turks who used to live in Central Asia.

But really who is a Turk? It's difficult to answer because:
1. Turkish people are Turkified Anatolians.
2. Azerbaijanis are Turkified Caucasians.
3. Uzbekistanis are Turkified Iranian-Mongolian mix.
4. Turkmenistanis are Turkified Iranian-Mongolian mix.
5. Kyrgyzstanis and Kazakhstanis are Turkified Mongolians with huge Slavic-Russian genetic influence.
6. Turkish Cypriots are Turkified Greeks.

Most of the Turkic people are genetically closer to Europe and Iran than Mongolia.

But where are the real Turks? It seems all Turkic populations are "Turkified [Something]".

I believe the Turks were just a military race of people who conquered lands and Turkified people such as Mongols, Anatolians, Caucasians, Iranians, Greeks, etc.

I prefer calling the Turks Gog and Magog because that's what they are. They're Gog and Magog. And even though Turkish people are originally Anatolian, their culture is militaristic. All Turkic countries are militaristic countries. Turkmenistan is the most messed up Turkic country, the most extreme militaristic version.

But the Kurdish people are sons of Saladin and should fear nothing. You guys just need a good leader who can form excellent diplomatic ties with the western and Israeli politicians, and who can unify his people under his leadership, and then the Turks will fear you.

You have to realise Turks in Anatolia are only a"mix" of the native anatolians, due to the actions of their ancestors from central asia. Turkish Turanid culture is based off a mix of Iranic-asiatic culture.
Well Azeris are more Irano-Caucasian as opposed to caucasian, they seem to have similar phenotypes to Kurds.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Bestoun wrote:I think it's because many people saw the Mongols as savages. The Mongols conquered much of Asia and Eastern Europe. And the conquest was not friendly. But I agree, they should be called Turks, because that's what they are.

Who wasnt "savages" in history?

Of course Genghis Hahn and his Mongol hordes where one of the biggest disasters happening to Western Asia, but this is History.

Fact is Turks are not Mongols. And a Mongol might get it wrong and offensive. Imagine someone uses "you Kurd" as insult against someone else. This is childish and just retarded.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 1

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Kuwaiti wrote:The Turkish people are Turkified Anatolians, to be honest. Azerbaijanis are also Turkified Caucasians. But these two nationalities act more Turkic than the real Turks who used to live in Central Asia.

Ironic isnt it? Most of the Turkic people from Central Asia give a damn about their "Pan Turkic origin" while Anatolian Turks, which are basically Kurds, Armenians, Greeks and Central Asians seem to be very proud of it and probably the most active country when it comes to Pan Turkic ideologies.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 1

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 pm

SORRY my knowledge of dates is not very good BUT after one war - I am NOT sure which war - Turkish soldiers took prisoners from Hungry as SLAVES - possibly up to 10 Hungarian slave for each Turkish soldier. They were herded back to Turkey like cattle X(

I am sure that the Turks raped the Hungarian slaves so that must mean that many modern Turks are part Hungarian :-o

ALSO it proves that turks have ALWAYS been savages X(

If anyone knows the details PLEASE tell us what happened :-?
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: crazyhorse » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:52 am

In Dutch 'Mongol' also means retard.
Every time I call Turks Mongols, I am referring to them as retards, not as Mongolians from Mongolia.
Turks are not worth it to be compared to Mongolians from Mongolia. Lets use retards instead of mongols from now on? :D

crazyhorse
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: kani » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm

It's very stupid and offensive to call turks mongol.
Mongols are 10000000 better than them and I have many mongol friends here in Finland who are very intressted in the kurdish history and culture. I know one who practiced kurdish online and he can kurdish in basic level which I really love! :x
kani
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: crazyhorse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Moderator Edit: user banned after second warning for promoting racism .
+ the right place for this pictures of erdogan is Joke and Entertainment section.

Retardation

There are 2 kinds of retardation. The first kind of retardation, is normal retardation. Normal retardation starts when a sane person meets a Turkish retard, which is the second kind of retardation.

The Turkish nation suffers from Turkish retardation. A few famous people who suffer or have suffered from Turkish retardation are:

Mustafa Kamal Ataturk:

Mustafa Kamal Ataturk was the first Turk that suffered from Turkish retardation. He was not born with Turkish retardation because he is or was not a Turk. His mother was a Greek whore and Mustafa Kamal Ataturk does not look like a Turkish retard. The first time he was detected with Turkish retardation, was the day he saw how the Turkish nation worshiped him and called him 'The Father of all Turks'. The Greek didn't understand this and his brains went fully retarded. No doctors understood this kind of retardation, so they called it Turkish retardation. After close examination of this disease, the doctors from Germany found out that Turkish population suffered from this retardation. The Turkish retards were not aware of their retardation until their new found leader exposed them with his newly developed retardation. Their (Turks) disease (Turkish retardation) was always in their blood, it just needed to be triggered by an influential person, which is in this case the Turkish retard Mustafa Kamal Ataturk.

Cure of Turkish retardation:
- Fortunately, there is no cure for this disease. You are either born with Turkish retardation or not, and the disease will follow the person until death.

'Modern' people who suffer from Turkish retardation:

The current president of the retarded Turkish nation, Erdogan, suffers from this disease. On this picture, he wants to find out what the former US President, George W. Bush, is carrying. The world was shocked because of this picture, since Erdogan is an Islamic leader. Proof of Erdogan being an Islamic leader:

Erdogan with his wife:

This is immediately another proof that Turkish retardation is a real issue for the humanity. The president of the Turkish nation does not know how to hold and use a comb.
Last edited by crazyhorse on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazyhorse
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: thesunchild » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Turks belong to a retards, scum of a human race!

Admin Edit: user warned for racism toward Mongolian people.
my only friends are the mountains and we bow to nobody !
thesunchild
Shermin
Shermin

PreviousNext

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis